ScifiHero.NET
Sign in to follow this  
Honcho

1st Cylon War Colonial Marine (?) Costume

On the mini-movie "Razor" in the extended edition you get a glimps of the fighting in the First Cylon War.

On Tauron, the ground troops there paid a high price for defending the planet. We are not sure if these valiant soldiers were Colonial Marines or Tauron Planetary Guard or what, but after some research we were able to identify what the were wearing.

Here are some screen caps of them:

tauronmarine08.jpg

He is wearing a MICH TE 2002 Helmet in Desert Tan Camo

tauronmarine09.jpg

TC2001TAN.jpg

And carrying the Colonial Marine's Barretta CX4 Storm Carbine.

tauronmarine11.jpg

tauronmarine10.jpg

tauronmarine07.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS

I'm rethinking the LBV, its starting to look like the Navy Seal LBV Modular Tactical MOD Vest #VT-11-TAN

vlcsnap-4781347.png

r10.jpg

cqb_vest_desert_3.jpgcqb_vest_desert_2.jpg

OK, I think every part has been identified now, so here is the proto-guide for the First Cylon War Planetary Trooper:

Start with one set of Woodland MARPAT uniform:

DSCF0011.jpg

Add a Navy Seal LBV Modular Tactical MOD Vest #VT-11-TAN

76_1.jpgcqb_vest_desert_3.jpg

Black tactical boots, most likely LawPro brand and Black Tactical "Frisk" gloves.

Topped off with a MICH 2003 helmet in Tan

TC2001TAN.jpg

G2SM853f1c63-f81b-4f8b-8e68-759f59b6d332

G2SM40cddc9c-720e-4643-9bac-141880c7032e

G2SM325c5a5f-cdf1-469a-b2ba-870f4c47d650

Looks more like THIS ONE to me but in tan.

Especially look at the D rings on the back, there are definitely some kind of rings on the Tauron vest.

policestuff_1995_195251995.gifpolicestuff_1994_31379244.gif

And check THIS out. I think this is the real Blackhawk vest the airsoft one above is based on.

Not necessarily, before going to the MOLLE system, the US issued LBV's that were very similar to the BH and the one in woodland. In fact, my first guess as to what kind of vest was being was that it was an old US issue/style LBV; and I think that the BH version is simply an improved version of the old LBV's.

tauronmarine07.jpg

I'd like to see a picture of the vest you're referring to Phil, at the moment I'm convinced it's the Blackhawk one. Look at the pocket in the upper right corner of this picture. No snap and no buckle, it has the exact same strap as the Blackhawk vest pockets. Plus, the soldier is sitting upright in this picture and the pocket is laying horizontally like on the Blackhawk rather than vertically like on the one Dan posted.

I'm not saying that it's not the BH vest just that it's not necessarily it since the BH vest is based off of the old US issue Enhanced Load Bearing Vest. There were two versions of the old LBV, one with a solid backing and one with a mesh backing and different; it looks like the BH is an improvement upon the second generation design. There is a third generation vest with MOLLE straps instead of fixed pouches, this is the same vest used on SG-1 by the Army troops but probably isn't the one being used on BSG; the base design is exactly the same except that instead of fiex pouches it has MOLLE straps across the front instead allowing the wearer to put whatever pouches they want and where they want. Since MOLLE pouches hang straight up and down and you're saying the pouches on the BSG vest are angled it's unlikely that the BSG vest is this 3rd generation LBV.

Here are a couple of pics of the old 2nd generation LBV with the mesh backing.

TLB-001.jpg

2860.jpg

I thought it was the LBV at first, but if you look really close at the second picture where you can see the dead guy from the front, you can see the black fast-tex type buckles on the front of each of the mag pouches and the pouches themselves are oriented up and down and not diagnal. That is when I started looking at vest and found the SEAL vest and it fit the vest profile. The vest on the back is a Hydration pack and comes off.

Vest1.jpg

I'm not seeing vertical pockets, I'm seeing the diagonal/horizontal ones.

Vest2.jpg

Diagonal/horizontal.

Vest3.jpg

No buckle on this pocket.

Vest4.jpg

Note the D-rings and the rounded corners of the back panel. The Seal vest has square corners on the back panel, and there doesn't appear to be any rings.

Vest5.jpg

Finally, visible laces on both the Razor and the BH vest where the Seal vest has Fastex buckles.

I'm inclined to think that Dean is right on this one, it does look a lot like the BH improved LBV and not a standard issue LBV or a SEAL vest. The only thing I'm not entirely convinced on is whether or not it's a solid color or has a camo pattern on it. The shots of it from the back make it look like it's just a plain solid color while the front shot looks like there's a camo pattern printed on it and the close up of the one pouch seems to suggest that it's camo, possbily 3 color desert or a faded woodland.

I'm inclined to think that Dean is right on this one, it does look a lot like the BH improved LBV and not a standard issue LBV or a SEAL vest. The only thing I'm not entirely convinced on is whether or not it's a solid color or has a camo pattern on it. The shots of it from the back make it look like it's just a plain solid color while the front shot looks like there's a camo pattern printed on it and the close up of the one pouch seems to suggest that it's camo, possbily 3 color desert or a faded woodland.

I think Dean's got something there. The pattern on the vest could be dirt or rubble... It's so hard to tell from these screencaps.

Vest5.jpg

The tan is correct. This picture was cropped, but you can see the whole thing is tan in the full picture. In this picture alone you can see the whole side panel as well as part of a pocket under the guy's belly, all tan.

Vest1.jpg

When I looked at this picture originally, I saw vertical pocket with a black buckle in the middle which is why I went away from my first conclusion that it was one of the newer LBVs.

The picture of the back and side panels with the side lacing seals it.

Vest5.jpg

So I stand corrected and Dean is correct, it is the LBV (but why a Blackhawks version only?).