ScifiHero.NET
jayhawker

Starbuck's Buccaneers Jacket

I don't know for certain but off hand I'd say it's an off the shelf jacket that just has the Bucaneers patch on it. I could be wrong but there's nothing about that seems to suggest that it's custom made except maybe that it seems a bit more fitted than I recall seeing similar jackets being. I recommend sending Eggroll (dsw_777) a PM, he'll be working at the auction and maybe he can get a better look at it and see if there's a tag on the back or can find more info about it for you.

I don't know for certain but off hand I'd say it's an off the shelf jacket that just has the Bucaneers patch on it. I could be wrong but there's nothing about that seems to suggest that it's custom made except maybe that it seems a bit more fitted than I recall seeing similar jackets being. I recommend sending Eggroll (dsw_777) a PM, he'll be working at the auction and maybe he can get a better look at it and see if there's a tag on the back or can find more info about it for you.

Yeah, that sounds right (that it was mass produced). I know companies that make similar things, but I haven't found that exact jacket yet. I'll give Eggroll a call. :) Thank you!

Yeah, that sounds right (that it was mass produced). I know companies that make similar things, but I haven't found that exact jacket yet. I'll give Eggroll a call. :) Thank you!

Its never beed ID'ed otherwise, so hopefully someone from the auction will be able to help you out. :)

Did anyone buy one of the auction catalogs? I'm curious what ended up in there.

I was goig to buy one, but they don't accept CC payments through Paypal, only bank account

transfers and e-check (which is pretty much the same thing).

Russ

I have one of the BSG auction catalogs. It shows a lot of the items that were up for auction, but not all (for example, not all the background costumes were shown).

The catalog also does not tell you which manufacturer or brand was used for the items, although if you watched the auction live online, they had the costume designer, prop maker and/or set designer tell you what was used, and what was modified and/or created from scratch.

Also, during the auction, the brand or manufacturer was listed for the item as it was put up for auction. But that info was not in the catalog, and it is also not included in the online catalog.

Were there any hand weapons (stunt/resin) in the catalog?

Russ

yes, there were a few of the blasters (pistols) from the mini-series and season one....plus a few rifles that were pictured in the catalog

all the weapons were made of rubber, resin and other materials - none were "working" weapons

they went for $2,000 - $3,500, if I recall correctly

Did anyone buy one of the auction catalogs? I'm curious what ended up in there.

I was goig to buy one, but they don't accept CC payments through Paypal, only bank account

transfers and e-check (which is pretty much the same thing).

Russ

You can download the PDF version here.

http://www.battlestarprops.com/battlestar-...e-for-download/

If you want a copy of the actual catalog, I could probably get you one.

What's funny is I popped in to check the forum earlier, saw a thread

about the auction that wasn't this one and there was a link to the PDF.

So I went to DL it and it appears my laptop already had a copy that I

never read! Too funny!

Thanks again for the link!

Russ