ScifiHero.NET
7%Solution

BSG Blues modifications

Hey guys, I was just curious if anyone ever had Dan modify blues originally bought from here:

http://cosplaystation.ca/commission149.html

and if you have pics you'd be willing to share :)

I just sent mine out this weekend and I'm just really excited to see the results. Figured why wait and get some early impressions from others!

i got one of these a bit ago and wasn't hugely pleased with the quality, nice to have one but it is two thin and having seen the real ones its a bit :(, still fun tho :)

i got one of these a bit ago and wasn't hugely pleased with the quality, nice to have one but it is two thin and having seen the real ones its a bit :(, still fun tho :)

Oh no doubt it needed work, thus why I've been modifying it :P

The pins they included were crap, not even close to accurate, and the buttons were just standard everyday buttons. I replaced both of those on my own, but it still needed work - that's where Dan comes in. I'm having the shoulder pads replaced with the propper suede, getting the more accurate BSG patch that's golden, fixing the piping to be more accurate, and adding the clips to the cuffs.... I think that was all, haha. Should look great then :D

I didn't get the impression it was too thin though. In fact I thought it might be rather thick. You got yours from the site I linked?

No although it looks exactly the same! even the pictures look exactly the same. I got mine and bought new rank pins, officer flight wings and a screen accurate patch, i probbarbly will upgrade the buttons eventually but i will need to improve the quality of the fabric keeping the buttons to the jacket as they feel very flimsey. Yeh i found mine thin as i have seen origionals and they look like real jackets this was more a...i don't know but thinner XD...still love having it tho!

I love having my full farscape tho! i did an event this weekend and it was fantastic to wear that, i had lots of photos and comments :P

Most, dare I say ALL, is crap you be better off just doing it right the first time then trying to fit anyone's junk...

Most, dare I say ALL, is crap you be better off just doing it right the first time then trying to fit anyone's junk...

Hey now Stitch, it isn't that bad, lol. Not everyone can afford the Anovos costumes, which are THE best out there. I think the one I got was a good start. it just needed to be caught up on some details. Even then I got some compliments on it, including from Michael Hogan and Kandyse McClure ;) My friend David, his callsign is "Rock Hard" for anyone out there familiar with him, got the exact same suit and had Dan fix it, and it looks great! I think it's worth it.

Oh, and power543, my jacket has silk lining inside it. It's actually a very comfy jacket (unless you're outside in the unbearable heat). Is yours just the fabric itself with no lining?

Hey now Stitch, it isn't that bad, lol. Not everyone can afford the Anovos costumes, which are THE best out there. I think the one I got was a good start. it just needed to be caught up on some details. Even then I got some compliments on it, including from Michael Hogan and Kandyse McClure ;) My friend David, his callsign is "Rock Hard" for anyone out there familiar with him, got the exact same suit and had Dan fix it, and it looks great! I think it's worth it.

Oh, and power543, my jacket has silk lining inside it. It's actually a very comfy jacket (unless you're outside in the unbearable heat). Is yours just the fabric itself with no lining?

A great in between option are the blues that Dan sells. They may not be as accurate as the Annovos but they cost a whole lot less and are far better than the eBay cosplay knock offs.

Oh no doubt. Had I known about this site back when I first hunted down a BSG uniform, I would've gone with him :P

Well your costume should be arriving today and I'll get the mods started!

Well your costume should be arriving today and I'll get the mods started!

You missed it!! lol. Just sent you a message :P