ScifiHero.NET
Marine_one

Colonial marine OD uniform

Looking to set up a marine OD uniform I wanted to know. As I'm not fond of the beretta cx4 I wanted to know if a marine on galactica would have carried the UMP?

Also any ideas on the helmet. I've seen the name just can't find one to fit my 60cm melon.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hello and Welcome!

Here is a Link you can find Listings for each Season

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_%282004%29

They had a lot of weapons in use.

The only CX-4 Storm i know is a 4,5mm Airgun. People told me there was an 1:1 Airsoft as well, but i never saw it.

Because i´m an Airsofter i have some lot Options. (G36,L85,MP7)

In the Second Lifes Battlestar RP Sim me and a Friend running, we have Clamshell, Five-Seven, USP, UMP, Storm, Kriss, M14EBR.

Besides the resin Models of the Five-Seven and the clamshell I prefer the H&K MP7 because the Look of that small Gun with the Big Elcan is pretty funny. ^_^

Sooner or later I will buy an UMP for BSG Costumes.

Friends bought an Bad Lieutenant Helmet and looked at if it's possible to make a cast of it. But wasn't successfully. So they chose to wear a MICH helmet.

Edited by Riceball

The MICH is the wrong helmet, on the show they used a snowboarding helmet called a Bad Lieutenant by Gyro, they're similar in appearance but the Bad LT has a smaller and slight different profile and has a smooth exterior. It should still be possible to find them on sale these days, but I can't say for any certainty that they're still being made. Worse comes to worse you could use a MICH but for accuracy's sake I'd try to find a Bad LT, plus they're lighter and more comfortable than any replica MICH.

Most Bad Lieutenant Helmets you can find on ebay have Size S or XS. Found 2 in Size M and one in L actually.

I wouldn't say that a MICH is a no go, it's not like anyone is going to not allow you into a con because you're wearing a MICH instead of a Bad LT. It's just that the 2 are different enough that I'd try to go for the Bad LT if at all possible.

As far as fit goes, you do have to keep in mind that these are snowboard helmets, as such there's no suspension inside so if it's a little too small it might be possible to simply shave away at some of the styrofoam inside since that's all it is, styrofoam with a plastic shell on the outside.