Colonial Digital Camo Uniform

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Honcho

Honcho

Founder & President, SciFiHero.Net

• President
  • 6,121 posts
  • Interests:Costuming and Prop Building, Science Fiction, Stargate SG & Atlantis, FireFly, Star Wars, Star Trek, Resident Evil (movies), Blade, S:AAB, Starship Troopers, Aliens, Appleseed, Lara Croft, and swing dancing.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:39 PM

Here is the link to my BSG Digital Camo Uniform album:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v625/los...Camo%20Costume/

#2 CaptAres

CaptAres

SG1 RULES/LONG LIVE SG-1/BATTLESTAR GALACTICA RULES SPACE

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Costuming and Prop Building, Science Fiction, Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis,Star Wars, Star Trek, Resident Evil, Blade,Starship Troopers,Battlestar Galactica(old & new)

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:10 PM

WOOOHOOO another costume to yes I was hoping for another one lol

#3 Who

Who
  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

I guess a gold ring is now canon. lol

Great shots, Dan.

#4 CommanderBrianna

CommanderBrianna

Let's bring it!

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Andromeda, Babylon 5, SG-1, BSG, the Honorverse, and "Serenity" newbe. Been costuming for years.

Favorite sci-fi characters: Dylan Hunt (Andromeda), Cameron Mitchell (SG-1) and John Sheridan (B5).

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:35 PM

I've noticed William Adama wearing that ring even in the current (3rd)season. An old wedding band, perhaps?

#5 starburst

starburst
  • Team Leader
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:38 AM

Hes talked about his wife before but I cant remember a reference to what happened to her, if she died during the Cylon attack or earlier.

#6 DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib

Sandman

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:18 AM

I assume that his second wife died in the attack. Either that or Eddie doesn't want to take off his real wedding band and RDM just went with it.

Quick refresher, but Bill first married Caroline with whom he had Zac and Lee. They divorced some time before Adama returned to the Colonial Fleet. While in the merchant fleet Adama married Anne, and was able to be reinstated thanks to connections Anne had with the Defense secretary (this got Tigh back in too). Nothing further is known about Anne at this time. Caroline and Bill had a good talk some months before the Cylon attack, and had also been in attendance at Zac's funeral.

Rumor has it we may learn more about Caroline during this season.

#7 yagaman8

yagaman8
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:13 PM

Unless I am mistaken that leaves this friday's episode to deal with this. Unless you mean season 4.

#8 Kant Lavar

Kant Lavar
  • Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:37 PM

I think you are - Gateworld.net's BSG pages show another eight episodes to go before the season finale.

#9 yagaman8

yagaman8
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Kant Lavar @ Dec 14 2006, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you are - Gateworld.net's BSG pages show another eight episodes to go before the season finale.

Then the SciFi channel must have been talking about this friday being the last episode before the Christmas break. Convenient how they left that last part off. Wow, never been so happy to be wrong. Hehehe

#10 DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib

Sandman

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

I've been hearing it referred to constantly as a MID-season break. Most of us should know by now not to trust Sci-Fi when they promote a season finale after 10 episodes.

#11 Riceball

Riceball

SFH Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (DuneMuadDib @ Dec 14 2006, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been hearing it referred to constantly as a MID-season break. Most of us should know by now not to trust Sci-Fi when they promote a season finale after 10 episodes.

Sci-Fi has been doing this since at least when Farscape was on yet it never ceases to amaze me how some people still haven't caught on to this. No offense. SciFi likes to break its seasons into two parts and then promoting each half as a seperate season when it's not. All you have to do is take a look at the SG-1 box sets to realize that the mid-season finale is just that, a mid-season finale and not an actual season finale. If that wasn't the case we'd have a lot more than just 8 or 9 season box sets available.

Going back on topic. Has anyone seen the urban camo uniform at all this season? Kind of a pity, I would have liked it to have gotten more screen time and used in conjunction with at least a vest for a somewhat more recognizable costume.

#12 Brian

Brian
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:22 PM

Resurrecting this thread a bit late, but I've read in various places on the web that the collar on the digital camo uniform is mandarin, but from the pics, it looks like it's just a shorter-than-your-average-collared-shirt collar that Adama happens to be wearing standing up. Can anyone with a better eye than myself tell whether it's mandarin or not?

#13 Honcho

Honcho

Founder & President, SciFiHero.Net

• President
  • 6,121 posts
  • Interests:Costuming and Prop Building, Science Fiction, Stargate SG &amp; Atlantis, FireFly, Star Wars, Star Trek, Resident Evil (movies), Blade, S:AAB, Starship Troopers, Aliens, Appleseed, Lara Croft, and swing dancing.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

Then Commander Adama (now Admiral) wore a mandarin type collar, everyone else was the regular collar. I think I still have both types in my room...

#14 Reboot

Reboot
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Ok....Dan I met you at HC 2017.  I was the one that had the half yard of Suede. 

So This project looks easy.  Strip the velcro off of a standard Army ACU uniform. Take the sleeve pockets off and replace them with chest pockets of another set of ACUs, however have the pocket flap tailored to a half hexagonal pattern. Add an old style black web belt with black drop holster and one of those replica Clamshell. Rank Pins and just to go the extra mile, a ship patch on the left shoulder. Your thoughts? I ask because I did not see any Digital pattern for sale.  

#15 Riceball

Riceball

SFH Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

You could use the ACU but UCP is different from the camo used on the show. The stuff they used was all shades of grey where as UCP has a greenish grey and a very light tan color in it. But if you go to Propper's website, they do offer ACU style uniforms in a pure grey digital camo pattern. https://www.propper....at-digital.html

#16 Dr Rodnay McKay

Dr Rodnay McKay

SFH Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

Riceball came first and told what I had to told.

I can add that digital fabric is available by the yard on eBay too if needed ;)

To be more precise about these uniforms, there were sold by tru-spec, as Digital Urban MCCUU. I know it for sure, because I had a shirt bought for a friend, and I modded it to make a Stargate Atlantis Marines BDU, flipping up the chest pockets and removing the arm ones. (I may still have the arm pockets, but I can confirm that the camo was a dark grey pattern, much like the now discontinued dark "urban" variation of the UCP that was available by that time in ACU cut too ).

EDIT : I just came upon one ORIGINAL tru-spec MCCUU in L size! : https://www.ebay.com...e0AAOSwK6RZHh7H