Colonial marine OD uniform

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Marine_one

Marine_one
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:30 AM

Looking to set up a marine OD uniform I wanted to know. As I'm not fond of the beretta cx4 I wanted to know if a marine on galactica would have carried the UMP?
Also any ideas on the helmet. I've seen the name just can't find one to fit my 60cm melon.
Thanks in advance
Rob

#2 Dr Rodnay McKay

Dr Rodnay McKay

SFH Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

I know that we discussed that here some times ago, so after a quick search, I came up with this:

http://www.scifihero...?showtopic=4162

You can see on the screencaps that Pegasus' Marines carry the UMP.45, so it is canon for Colonial Marines for me.

#3 FlipTop

FlipTop
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Astronomy and some more Sci-Fi

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:59 AM

Hello and Welcome!

Here is a Link you can find Listings for each Season

http://www.imfdb.org...alactica_(2004)

They had a lot of weapons in use.

The only CX-4 Storm i know is a 4,5mm Airgun. People told me there was an 1:1 Airsoft as well, but i never saw it.

Because i´m an Airsofter i have some lot Options. (G36,L85,MP7)

In the Second Lifes Battlestar RP Sim me and a Friend running, we have Clamshell, Five-Seven, USP, UMP, Storm, Kriss, M14EBR.

Besides the resin Models of the Five-Seven and the clamshell I prefer the H&K MP7 because the Look of that small Gun with the Big Elcan is pretty funny. ^_^

Sooner or later I will buy an UMP for BSG Costumes.

Friends bought an Bad Lieutenant Helmet and looked at if it's possible to make a cast of it. But wasn't successfully. So they chose to wear a MICH helmet.

Edited by Riceball, 16 November 2015 - 07:51 AM.

#4 Marine_one

Marine_one
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:26 AM

I have a MICH currently. I use it to Airsoft. How incorrect would this be?

#5 Marine_one

Marine_one
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

Beretta Airsoft
http://www.actionhob...px#.VkkHiV_fWnM

#6 Riceball

Riceball

SFH Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

The MICH is the wrong helmet, on the show they used a snowboarding helmet called a Bad Lieutenant by Gyro, they're similar in appearance but the Bad LT has a smaller and slight different profile and has a smooth exterior. It should still be possible to find them on sale these days, but I can't say for any certainty that they're still being made. Worse comes to worse you could use a MICH but for accuracy's sake I'd try to find a Bad LT, plus they're lighter and more comfortable than any replica MICH.

#7 FlipTop

FlipTop
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Astronomy and some more Sci-Fi

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

Most Bad Lieutenant Helmets you can find on ebay have Size S or XS. Found 2 in Size M and one in L actually.

#8 Marine_one

Marine_one
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:32 AM

I have also found a medium but it's about £75. Not cheap lol. ICH I never minded wearing tbh, my replica isn't that heavy at all.

#9 Marine_one

Marine_one
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:43 AM

So the MICH is a definite no go? Are there any other helmets that look similar to the bad LT? Shipping may kill it if it will fit.

#10 Riceball

Riceball

SFH Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:25 AM

I wouldn't say that a MICH is a no go, it's not like anyone is going to not allow you into a con because you're wearing a MICH instead of a Bad LT. It's just that the 2 are different enough that I'd try to go for the Bad LT if at all possible.

As far as fit goes, you do have to keep in mind that these are snowboard helmets, as such there's no suspension inside so if it's a little too small it might be possible to simply shave away at some of the styrofoam inside since that's all it is, styrofoam with a plastic shell on the outside.

#11 Marine_one

Marine_one
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

Thank you Riceball. Looking at a small for not too much so will either have to shave it or live with it. lol

#12 Marine_one

Marine_one
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:34 AM

Does anyone have the size details for the under barrel launcher please? Looking at using a current fn pistol as a base to try and save money as I already have one