• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jayhawker

jayhawker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

Hello,

First post, yay! Anyway. What do you guys know about Starbuck's gray and black Buccaneer's jacket? Is that a commercially produced jacket, and if so, where do I get one?

(And thank you for being such a wonderful resource; this is the first question I've had that a simple search around the site hasn't answered.)

#2 Riceball

Riceball

SFH Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

I don't know for certain but off hand I'd say it's an off the shelf jacket that just has the Bucaneers patch on it. I could be wrong but there's nothing about that seems to suggest that it's custom made except maybe that it seems a bit more fitted than I recall seeing similar jackets being. I recommend sending Eggroll (dsw_777) a PM, he'll be working at the auction and maybe he can get a better look at it and see if there's a tag on the back or can find more info about it for you.

#3 jayhawker

jayhawker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Riceball @ Jan 10 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know for certain but off hand I'd say it's an off the shelf jacket that just has the Bucaneers patch on it. I could be wrong but there's nothing about that seems to suggest that it's custom made except maybe that it seems a bit more fitted than I recall seeing similar jackets being. I recommend sending Eggroll (dsw_777) a PM, he'll be working at the auction and maybe he can get a better look at it and see if there's a tag on the back or can find more info about it for you.

Yeah, that sounds right (that it was mass produced). I know companies that make similar things, but I haven't found that exact jacket yet. I'll give Eggroll a call. smile.gif Thank you!

#4 Jodo

Jodo

That post was odd...

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Hmmmmm, I LOVE BSG. Its preety much taken over my immediate free time. I costume as The Joker, and I used to collect Star Wars junk. Not much else to say, ya know?

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (jayhawker @ Jan 11 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that sounds right (that it was mass produced). I know companies that make similar things, but I haven't found that exact jacket yet. I'll give Eggroll a call. smile.gif Thank you!

Its never beed ID'ed otherwise, so hopefully someone from the auction will be able to help you out. smile.gif

#5 Rook

Rook

In space, no one can hear you scream...

• Administrators
  • 3,268 posts
  • Interests:Aliens (1986), Stargate, Space: Above and Beyond, Arcade games, movie props... lots of stuff. ^_^

Look me up on facebook.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

Did anyone buy one of the auction catalogs? I'm curious what ended up in there.
I was goig to buy one, but they don't accept CC payments through Paypal, only bank account
transfers and e-check (which is pretty much the same thing).

Russ

#6 foxspirit

foxspirit
  • Team Leader
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

I have one of the BSG auction catalogs. It shows a lot of the items that were up for auction, but not all (for example, not all the background costumes were shown).

The catalog also does not tell you which manufacturer or brand was used for the items, although if you watched the auction live online, they had the costume designer, prop maker and/or set designer tell you what was used, and what was modified and/or created from scratch.

Also, during the auction, the brand or manufacturer was listed for the item as it was put up for auction. But that info was not in the catalog, and it is also not included in the online catalog.

#7 Rook

Rook

• Administrators
  • 3,268 posts
  • Interests:Aliens (1986), Stargate, Space: Above and Beyond, Arcade games, movie props... lots of stuff. ^_^

Look me up on facebook.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Were there any hand weapons (stunt/resin) in the catalog?

Russ

#8 foxspirit

foxspirit
  • Team Leader
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

yes, there were a few of the blasters (pistols) from the mini-series and season one....plus a few rifles that were pictured in the catalog

all the weapons were made of rubber, resin and other materials - none were "working" weapons

they went for $2,000 - $3,500, if I recall correctly

#9 dsw_777

dsw_777

EGGROLL

• Executive Council
  • 1,242 posts
  • Interests:Fun, fun and did I mention fun?

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Rook @ Jan 19 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone buy one of the auction catalogs? I'm curious what ended up in there.
I was goig to buy one, but they don't accept CC payments through Paypal, only bank account
transfers and e-check (which is pretty much the same thing).

Russ

You can download the PDF version here.
http://www.battlesta...e-for-download/

If you want a copy of the actual catalog, I could probably get you one.

#10 Rook

Rook

• Administrators
  • 3,268 posts

Look me up on facebook.

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

What's funny is I popped in to check the forum earlier, saw a thread
about the auction that wasn't this one and there was a link to the PDF.
So I went to DL it and it appears my laptop already had a copy that I
never read! Too funny!

Thanks again for the link!

Russ

#11 Artus

Artus
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

Great link indeed!

Every costumer's dream, I think!